Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to keep Scroll Lock, Num or Caps lock Always On or Off

One of the big annoyances I continually find myself running into is that the number lock is never on when I need it to be. I open up Excel and find my highlighted cell jumping all over the place, with no numbers to be seen. I look up on the keyboard and…duhh, the number lock is of course off. This typically happens during a reboot.

There are also times where you find yourself bumping the the caps lock key as well. It would be nice to permanently have these on or off. Well, there are registry hacks to do it, or you can do it with this simple free utility.
Numlocker quite simply allows you to “lock” the state of the Caps, Num or Scroll lock keys to Always On or Always Off. That’s all it does. It resides quitely in the background of your Windows PC and does just that. Locks the state of those keys.



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment